About Me

My photo
Flint, Michigan, United States

Monday, November 9, 2020

Spiced Cran-Cherry Sauce...

One of my earliest memories of Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners was the cranberry sauce. You mean I got to eat JAM with my regular food? :-D I was all in! As I started learning to cook, I experimented with different variations. This is by far my favorite version! Enjoy! 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1KuClPE_9y0pBJDWVT6UJrkl5I-2tvtXF

Spiced Cran-Cherry Sauce...

12 ounces fresh cranberries (I used organic) 
8-10 ounces frozen cherries
a little water
Cook until the cranberries have broken down and it is saucy. 

Add: 
1 cup  organic light brown cane sugar (or more to taste) OR coconut sugar 
1 tsp grated organic orange rind (and the juice from the orange)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon (add more to taste if desired) 


And then a couple dashes of nutmeg, ground cloves, and ginger. Stir well and refrigerate! 
Eat to your hearts content. ;-) 

1 comments:

Ellen said...

This recipe is really tasty and we made it this year for Thanksgiving. We also added dates and it was so yummy!

Followers

 
my paleo madness Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template